Health Insurance in Vietnam
Do you need health insurance that covers Vietnam for routine or unexpected medical visits?
Click below for Asia Care policy quote - health insurance for Vietnam :
No mandatory vaccinations.
A YELLOW FEVER vaccination certificate is mandatory for travelers more than one year old coming from infected areas.
Recommended vaccinations for travelers:
Tetanus-diphtheria, Polio, Hepatitis A & B, Typhoid and for those people at risk: Tuberculosis, Rabies. For those working outside of major cities a Japanese encephalitis vaccination is recommended. Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) for those who born after 1956, if not previously given.
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Tuberculosis, Measles, German Measles, Mumps, Hepatitis A & B, (long stay), Typhoid (long stay for those over 5 years old).
Vietnamese cuisine is one of the famous foods among foreigners. Even Vietnamese foods are healthy foods with full of vegetables but some cautions have to consider. Find out more
- Irregular supplies.
- Variety: No.
- Hygiene rules in the markets, restaurants and shops: Not applied.
- Fruits or vegetables: No, unless they have been peeled or cooked.
- Frozen food: possibility of interruption in the cold chain.
- Milk and any products made from Milk like ice cream: If made from unpasteurized milk cannot.
- Milk for babies: Yes
- Baby food: Yes
- Do not drink tap water without previous treatment: boiling, filtering, chemical disinfection.
- Disinfectant filters, not available locally.
- Locally bottled water: Yes, Aquafina.
- Imported bottled water: Yes.
- Other non-alcoholic drinks: Fruit juices.
- Alcoholic drinks: Allowed.
While life in Vietnam is generally safe but there are various infectious diseases and health threats that are widespread. This entry lists major infectious diseases likely to be encountered in Vietnam.
- Hepatitis A & B
- Japanese Encephalitis in the countryside
- Malaria outside the major cities
- Poisonous Fish,Snakes,Scorpions,Spiders
- Sexually transmitted diseases
During your stay in Vietnam, You will possibility surprise by unanticipated accident or illness. Please noted for the phone numbers in case of emergency.
- Public ambulance in Viet Nam, call 115
- Private ambulance, call Family Medical Practice in Hanoi: (84 4) 843-0748,
- Danang : (84 5) 11 582-699/700, or Ho Chi Minh City: (84 8) 822-7848.
Other: Direct call to Medical Providers number for assistant.
- Official Name: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Government: Marxist-Leninist Single Party State
- Capital: Hanoi
- Area: 331,210 sq. km.
- Main Cities: Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi (capital), Haiphong, Da Nang
- Official Language: Vietnamese (official), English (increasingly favored as a second language), some French, Chinese, and Khmer, mountain area languages (Mon-Khmer and Malayo-Polynesian)
- Currency: Dong (VND)
- Population: 92.4 million
- Population Growth: 1.03%
- Life Expectancy at Birth: 72.65 years
- Religion(s): Buddhist 9.3%, Catholic 6.7%, Hoa Hao 1.5%, Cao Dai 1.1%, Protestant 0.5%, Muslim 0.1%, none 80.8%
- Find out more: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/vm.html