Health Insurance in Singapore
Do you need health insurance that covers Singapore for routine or unexpected medical visits?
Click below for Asia Care policy quote - health insurance for Singapore :
Read below for advice and precautions to take in order to stay in good health while in Singapore :
A Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is mandatory for travellers over one year old coming from infested areas.
Other recommended vaccinations for travellers:
Tetanus, Polio, Hepatitis A & B, Typhoid and for those people at risk: Tuberculosis, Rabies.
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Tuberculosis, Measles, German Measles, Mumps, Hepatitis A & B, (long stay), Typhoid (long stay for those over 5 years old).
The Lion City is one of best healthy food and drink in the world. Due to high standard of living, precautions are less than other country in Southeast Asia.
- Varied and regular supplies.
- Hygiene in the markets, restaurants and shops: Yes.
- Milk for babies: Yes (as in Europe).
- Baby food: Yes (as in Europe).
- You can drink tap water.
- All means of treating water are available.
- Locally bottled water: Many brands.
- Imported bottled water: All European and Australian brands.
- Other non-alcoholic drinks: A very wide choice.
- Alcohol allowed.
Even Singapore is having a high standard of healthcare but some common diseases are still widespread.
In Singapore, the following diseases are frequent:
- Hepatitis A & B
- Japonese Encephalitis
- Poisonous Fish,Snakes,Scorpions,Spiders
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Ambulance in Singapore, call: 995
Other: Direct call to Medical Providers number for assistant.
- Official Name: Republic of Singapore
- Government: Parliamentary Republic
- Capital: Singapore
- Area: 697 sq. km.
- Official Language: Mandarin (official) 35%, English (official) 23%, Malay (official) 14.1%, Hokkien 11.4%, Cantonese 5.7%, Teochew 4.9%, Tamil (official) 3.2%, other Chinese dialects 1.8%, other 0.9%
- Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Population: 5.46 million
- Population Growth: 1.96%
- Life Expectancy at Birth: 84.07 years
- Religion(s): Buddhist 42.5%, Muslim 14.9%, Taoist 8.5%, Hindu 4%, Catholic 4.8%, other Christian 9.8%, other 0.7%, none 14.8%
- Find out more: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sn.html