Health Insurance in Malaysia
Do you need health insurance that covers Malaysia for routine or unexpected medical visits?
Click below for Asia Care policy quote - health insurance for Malaysia :
Read below for advice and precautions to take in order to stay in good health while in Malaysia :
No mandatory vaccinations for travelers, but a Yellow Fever vaccination is mandatory for travelers over one year old coming from an area that is known to be infected.
Dining in Malaysia is affordable, and the country's vibrant mix of influencers has created a fabulous buffet of culinary delights to choose from. Anyway a couple of precautions for your health should be taken.
- Varied and regular supplies.
- Despite existing rules, there is little respect for hygiene in the markets, restaurants and shops, especially in rural areas.
- On the other hand the hygiene control on meat is very strict. You can eat well-cooked fish without the risk of getting ill.
- Milk for babies: Yes, powdered milk: many imported brands.
- Baby food: yes.
It is not advisable to drink tap water (it is yellowish and has a strong taste of chlorine) without having previously filtered or boiled it. Prefer bottled water.
- You can find filters on the spot.
- Imported bottled water: Perrier, Evian, Volvic, Contrexeville.
- Other non-alcoholic drinks: large variety: Fruit juices, carbonated drinks.
- Alcohol: allowed.
In general Malaysia is very safe. However, the precautions apply for various infectious diseases and health threats that are prevalent.
- Hepatitis A & B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Poisonous Fish,Snakes,Scorpions,Spiders
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Public ambulance in Malaysia, call: 999
- Private ambulance services Gleneagles Intan Medical Centre call: 603-7956-9999
Other: Direct call to Medical Providers number for assistant.
- Official Name: Federation of Malaysia
- Government: Constitutional Monarchy
- Capital:Kuala Lumpur
- Area: 329,847 sq. km.
- Main Cities: Kuala Lumpur (capital), Klan, Johor Bahru
- Official Language: Bahasa Malaysia (official), English, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Hokkien, Hakka, Hainan, Foochow), Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Panjabi, Thai
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
- Population: 29.6 million
- Population Growth: 1.51%
- Life Expectancy at Birth: 74.28 years
- Religion(s): Muslim (or Islam - official) 60.4%, Buddhist 19.2%, Christian 9.1%, Hindu 6.3%, Confucianism, Taoism, other traditional Chinese religions 2.6%, other or unknown 1.5%, none 0.8%
- Find out more: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/my.html