Health Insurance in Laos
Do you need health insurance that covers Laos for routine or unexpected medical visits?
Click below for Asia Care policy quote - health insurance for Laos :
Read below for advice and precautions to take in order to stay in good health while in Laos :
Other recommended vaccinations for travellers:Adults:
Tetanus, Polio, Hepatitis A & B, Typhoid, Meningitis A & C and for those people at risk: Tuberculosis, Rabies.
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Tuberculosis, Measles, German Measles, Mumps, Hepatitis A & B, (long stay), Meningitis A & C (long stay for travelers over 18 months old), Typhoid (long stay for those over 5 years old).
Living in Laos is like dreams for everyone with relax time, low cost of living and low pollution. Local food is also good but some advices to expat who live in Laos to prevent food poison and diarrhea.
- Supplies: Good.
- Hygiene in the markets, restaurants and shops: No.
- Eat fish only well cooked.
- Milk for babies: Yes.
- Baby food: Yes, Nestlé, Gerber.
- Do not drink tap water without previous treatment (boiling, filtering or chemical disinfection).
- Filters, Bleach: rarely available locally.
- Locally bottled water: Carbonated water (LAO).
- Imported bottled water: Evian, Vichy
- Other non-alcoholic drinks: Tonics, Sodas
- Alcohol: authorized.
Even Laos is full of natural and low pollution but some common diseases still prevalent.
In Laos, the following diseases are frequent:
- Hepatitis A & B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Poisonous Fish,Snakes,Scorpions,Spiders
- Public ambulance in Laos, call: 195
- Ambulance to Thailand services where most travelers seek medical assistance, call AEK International Hospital at 66-42-342-555, Nong Khai Wattana Hospital at 66-1-833-4262
Other: Direct call to Medical Providers number for assistant.
- Official Name: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Government: Marxist-Leninist Single Party State
- Capital: Vientiane
- Area: 236,800 sq. km.
- Main Cities: Vientiane, Pakxe, Luang Prabang, Xam Nua, Vang Vieng, Pakxan
- Official Language: Lao (official), French, English, various ethnic languages
- Currency: Lao Kip (LAK)
- Population: 6.69 million
- Population Growth: 1.63%
- Life Expectancy at Birth: 63.14 years
- Religion(s): Buddhist 67%, Christian 1.5%, other and unspecified 31.5%
- Find out more: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/la.html