Health Insurance in Hong Kong
Do you need health insurance that covers Hong Kong for routine or unexpected medical visits?
Click below for Asia Care policy quote - health insurance for Hong Kong :
Read below for advice and precautions to take in order to stay in good health while in Hong Kong :
Vaccination certificates are usually not needed when travelling to Hong Kong, but please check with your local carrier because requirements may change.
A Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is mandatory for travelers over one year old coming from infected areas.
Recommended vaccinations for travelers:
Hepatitis A & B Influenza Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) Tetanus-diphtheria
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Tuberculosis, Measles, German Measles, Mumps, Hepatitis A & B, (long stay), Typhoid (long stay for those over 5 years old).
Hong Kong provides an unlimited variety of food in every class. Complex combinations and international gourmet expertise have given Hong Kong the reputable labels of "Gourmet Paradise" and "World's Fair of Food". The information below provided suggestion for food and beverages.
- Varied and regular supplies.
- Hygiene in the markets, restaurants and shops: Yes.
- Milk for babies: Yes (as in Europe).
- Baby food: Yes (as in Europe).
- You can drink tap water.
- All means of treating water are available.
- Locally bottled water: Many brands.
- Imported bottled water: All European and Australian brands.
- Other non-alcoholic drinks: A very wide choice.
- Alcohol allowed.
Even Hong Kong is one of the healthiest places in the world but some diseases to be cautions.
In Hong Kong, the following diseases are frequent:
- Japonese Encephalitis
- Poisonous Fish,Snakes,Scorpions,Spiders
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Emergency services (Police, Fire, Ambulance) call 999
- Official Name: Hong Kong Administrative Region
- Government: Limited Democracy
- Area: 1,104 sq. km.
- Main Cities: Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Krabi, Hua Hin
- Official Language: Cantonese (official) 89.5%, English (official) 3.5%, Putonghua (Mandarin) 1.4%, other Chinese dialects 4%, other 1.6%
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Population: 7.18 million
- Population Growth: 0.39%
- Life Expectancy at Birth: 82.2 years
- Religion(s): Eclectic mixture of local religions 90%, Christian 10%
- Find out more: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/hk.html