Health Insurance in Cambodia
Do you need health insurance that covers Cambodia for routine or unexpected medical visits?
Click below for Asia Care policy quote - health insurance for Cambodia :
Read below for advice and precautions to take in order to stay in good health while in Cambodia:
A Yellow fever vaccination certificate is mandatory for all travelers coming from infected areas.
Other recommended vaccinations for travelers:
Tetanus, Polio, Hepatitis A & B, Typhoid, Meningitis A & C and for those people at risk: Tuberculosis, Rabies.
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Tuberculosis, Measles, German Measles, Mumps, Hepatitis A & B, (long stay), Meningitis A & C (long stay for travellers over 18 months old), Typhoid (long stay for those over 5 years old).
While the food in Cambodia is generally clean but knowledge of food hygiene is low in many parts of Cambodia, so visitors should exercise a certain amount of caution.
- Regular and varied - good supplies.
- Hygiene in the markets, restaurants and shops: No.
- Eat fish only well cooked. Avoid raw fish.
- Milk for babies: Yes, in supermarkets and pharmacies
- Baby food: Yes, Gerber and Thai products
- Do not drink tap water without previous treatment (boiling, filtering or chemical disinfection)
- Filters:Locally available.
- Locally bottled water: Yes, (No control and no guarantee of quality).
- Imported bottled water: Yes, from Thailand and Singapore. Vittel and Evian from France.
- Other non-alcoholic drinks: Pepsi, Sodas, etc.
- Alcohol: authorized.
Even now Cambodia is developing the quality of people and healthcare in their country but there are various infectious diseases and health threats that are widespread.
In Cambodia, the following diseases are frequent:
- Hepatitis A & B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Poisonous Fish,Snakes,Scorpions,Spiders
- Public ambulance in Cambodia, call: 119 or 023-724891
- Private ambulance services Naga Clinic at call: 855 11 811 175
Other: Direct call to Medical Providers number for assistant.
- Official Name: Kingdom of Cambodia
- Government:Multiparty Democracy under a Constitutional Monarchy
- Capital: Phnom Penh
- Area: 181,035 sq. km.
- Main Cities: Phnom Penh, Poipet, Sihanoukville, Battambang
- Official Language: Khmer (official) 95%, French, English
- Currency: Cambodian Riel (KHR)
- Population: 15.2 million
- Population Growth: 1.67%
- Life Expectancy at Birth: 63.41 years
- Religion(s): Buddhist (official) 96.4%, Muslim 2.1%, other 1.3%, unspecified 0.2%
- Find out more: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/cb.html